- A light muffin made from a thin batter, which rises to form a hollow shell when baked.More example sentences
- The deep silence that greeted us every morning all but mandated the house-livening presence of breakfast baking - pancakes, popovers, cranberry clafoutis, blueberry coffeecake.
- First, the chef prepares the ground with a barrage of giant popovers - steaming Yorkshire puddings as big as elephant knuckles, and weighted on their tops with crusts of Gruyère cheese.
- However, their small size is echoed in small baked batter puddings made elsewhere: for example the American popover, and the Austrian Pfitzkauf which is eaten as a dessert with fruit.
More definitions of popoverDefinition of popover in:
- The British & World English dictionary