- Music appealing to the popular taste, including rock and pop and also soul, country, reggae, rap, and dance music.More example sentences
- This data set was split into two broad categories of classical music and popular music.
- Her taste in popular music ran to the Beatles and James Taylor; jazz barely made an impression.
- As it becomes popular music, world music appropriates the past and tradition to effect a radical break with them.
More definitions of popular musicDefinition of popular music in:
- The British & World English dictionary