- 1A covered shelter projecting in front of the entrance of a building.More example sentences
- There is a covered porch and two front doors to the dwelling and an arched entrance at the side.
- Nate followed the Petrov sisters though a dimly lit pathway to the porch and front door.
- The outer front door of the porch had a mortise lock which had showed no signs of being forced.
- 1.1North American A veranda.More example sentences
- Both styles feature shallow and sloping tile roofs and one or more verandas and porches.
- Terraces, porches, and verandas are key features, especially away from the street.
- Two have elegant trellised porches and verandas in the fashionable Regency style.
- More example sentences
- A porched entrance leads to a spacious reception hall with ceiling coving, built-in closet and understairs storage.
- Splintered Reality was exhibited earlier at Marlborough Gallery, where several other knotted rubber sculptures were porched on pedestals or hung from the gallery walls.
- The house is accessed through a porched entrance, beyond which the entrance hall features polished timber flooring, a picture rail, coving and understairs storage.
Middle English: from Old French porche, from Latin porticus 'colonnade', from porta 'passage'.