1A doorway, gate, or other entrance, especially a large and elaborate one.
- I drove past the studios; the gates seemed like portals to some other world.
- The people were shoulder to shoulder through the gate portal.
- He laughed softly and directed me out of the chapel, towards the portals of the main doorway and the sunlight in the plaza.
2 Computing An Internet site providing access or links to other sites.
- Industry related directories or portals are great sites to get links from.
- Some states had Web sites they called portals but they were really just places to download information.
- Now Clare has teamed up with other independent maternitywear retailers across the country to form an internet portal with links to their websites.
Words that rhyme with portalchortle, immortal, mortal
Relating to an opening in an organ through which major blood vessels pass, especially the transverse fissure of the liver.
- The liver biopsy specimen showed portal triads and sinusoids infiltrated with lymphoid cells.
- She developed the rapid onset of liver failure with portal hypertension and died in a hospice.
- Adhesions are broad and very short septa between portal tracts and hepatic veins.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.