- Of, relating to, or determined by position: the team will be forced to make several positional changesMore example sentences
- It is clear that if the all-out-attack policy is to work, then there will have to be personnel and positional changes in the coming weeks.
- With six positional changes from their three previous starts, the Blues confirmed their ability and depth across the squad.
- Anand was at his positional best in getting the better of Svidler, who fell prey to finely disguised manoeuvres.
- More example sentences
- I look first for a good result and for good performance, but we have to play better positionally and keep our shape.
- As a 1220 player I often find myself in an actual game being unsure about whether or not to play quietly or sharply, tactically or positionally.
- Fortunately, I believe that Murray would indeed use the recommended lines against his fellow grandmasters - the Rossolimo is easy to learn, positionally very sound, and can be so poisonous that quick White victories are quite common.
More definitions of positionalDefinition of positional in:
- The British & World English dictionary