Definition of positive feedback in English:
1The enhancement or amplification of an effect by its own influence on the process that gives rise to it.
- We have emphasized the positive feedback and activation processes in autocrine relays.
- Does the positive feedback influence the robustness of the circadian oscillator?
- In addition, entrapment of gases cause the ethylene concentration to increase which can, in turn, induce its own biosynthesis due to positive feedback of the hormone.
1.1 Electronics The return of part of an output signal to the input, which is in phase with it, so that the amplifier gain is increased and the output is often distorted.
- Positive Gli autoregulation enables a bistable switch, but positive feedback also amplifies noise within a system.
- Thus, positive feedback between two bipolar junction transistors is reduced and then latch-up is eliminated.
- This positive feedback mechanism would act to maintain the direction of flow.
Definition of positive feedback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.