- Statutes that have been laid down by a legislature, court, or other human institution and which can take whatever form the authors want. Compare with natural law.More example sentences
- I doubt, however, that he wishes to reduce the morally obligatory and supererogatory to what is prescribed or merely allowed by human positive law in view of the contingent features of the political common good.
- He clarifies the concept of positive law (that is, man-made law) by analyzing the constituent concepts of his definition, and by distinguishing law from other concepts that are similar.
- Once unhinged from the higher natural law, the positive law of our legislatures and our courts became like paper money unhinged from gold.
More definitions of positive lawDefinition of positive law in:
- The British & World English dictionary