- Air or gas pressure greater than that of the atmosphere, as used, e.g., in the artificial ventilation of the lungs.More example sentences
- Patients with compromised airways and respiratory failure will require immediate endotracheal intubation and positive pressure ventilation.
- He responded well to supportive therapy with noninvasive positive pressure ventilation and was discharged 72 hours later without further complications.
- Acute respiratory failure may develop rapidly, requiring intubation and intermittent positive pressure ventilation.
More definitions of positive pressureDefinition of positive pressure in:
- The British & World English dictionary