(Of a person) completely controlled by an evil spirit: he can turn into a possessed animal at will
More example sentences
- An exorcism is a religious rite for driving Satan or evil spirits out of a possessed person, place, or thing.
- During the experiment, state-of-the-art neuro-imaging technology will be used to monitor the brain activity of a supposedly possessed man.
- Here the Devil can cause the possessed person to say or do evil things.
like a man (or woman) possessed
- In a frenzy; madly: I trained like a man possessed, I tell youMore example sentences
- He will either hit you or simply carry on dancing around in front of you like a man possessed.
- I fight like there is no tomorrow, I fight like a man possessed.
- This time around, perhaps reinvigorated by his assistant captaincy at the Ryder Cup, he has performed, well, like a man possessed.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.