Definition of possessed in English:
(Of a person) completely controlled by an evil spirit: he can turn into a possessed animal at will
More example sentences
- An exorcism is a religious rite for driving Satan or evil spirits out of a possessed person, place, or thing.
- During the experiment, state-of-the-art neuro-imaging technology will be used to monitor the brain activity of a supposedly possessed man.
- Here the Devil can cause the possessed person to say or do evil things.
like a man (or woman) possessed
- In a frenzy; madly: I trained like a man possessed, I tell youMore example sentences
- He will either hit you or simply carry on dancing around in front of you like a man possessed.
- I fight like there is no tomorrow, I fight like a man possessed.
- This time around, perhaps reinvigorated by his assistant captaincy at the Ryder Cup, he has performed, well, like a man possessed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan