- A drink made of hot milk curdled with ale, wine, or other alcoholic liquor and typically flavored with spices, drunk as a delicacy or as a remedy for colds.More example sentences
- A posset was a hot drink made from milk curdled with ale, wine, or other liquor, often with sugar, spices, and herbs added in.
- Spiced cider and the alcoholic posset were served hot, but the staple beverage everywhere was beer, beginning with breakfast.
- I think I love the names of trifles, possets, fools and syllabubs more than I enjoy eating them.
late Middle English: of unknown origin.
More definitions of possetDefinition of posset in:
- The British & World English dictionary