Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of post-Fordism in English:
The theory that modern industrial production should change from the large-scale mass-production methods pioneered by Henry Ford towards the use of small flexible manufacturing units.
- As can be seen, French researchers remain skeptical about the unified nature of post-Fordism, flexible accumulation, and its spatial manifestation, the district.
- These debates concern Marxist state theory; Fordism and post-Fordism; the regulation approach; the relevance of autopoiesis to Marxist analysis; and, most recently, critical realism.
- But in post-Fordism, when the assembly line becomes a ‘flux of information’, people work by communicating.
post-Fordist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Throughout the post-Fordist debate, the flexible production system has been widely considered a viable alternative to the traditional Fordist production system.
- The vulnerability of post-Fordist production processes to the power that international capital exerted over their financial and organisational contexts was also neglected.
- And if these are truly new, then they are inimical to the quotidian exploitation of Fordist / post-Fordist present.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.