- (Of a building or a method of construction) having or using a framework of upright and horizontal beams.More example sentences
- Today, however, timber framing (also called post-and-beam construction) is enjoying a renaissance, and many timber-frame houses, barns and other structures are available now as kits.
- This inviting space (visible at right in above photo) is defined by a post-and-beam arbor, stucco walls, and an outdoor fireplace.
- He always loved to work with his hands, creating custom furniture pieces and building his own post-and-beam home.
More definitions of post-and-beamDefinition of post-and-beam in:
- The British & World English dictionary