- Of or relating to a time after the classical period of any language, art, or culture, in particular the classical period of ancient Greek and Latin culture.More example sentences
- The school where he taught before being raised to the bishopric of St Davids, seems to have boasted a considerable library of Latin classical and post-classical authors.
- Alberti mentions only one post-classical work of art - Giotto's Navicella mosaic - but he cites many classical literary sources describing vanished works.
- The standard Latin dictionary (Lewis and Short) in fact points out that the word Graecitas does not occur until the post-classical period.
More definitions of postclassicalDefinition of postclassical in:
- The British & World English dictionary