(or poster boy or poster girl)
- A person or thing that epitomizes or represents a specified quality, cause, etc.: the organization is the poster child for bad business dealsMore example sentences
- We made him a poster boy for bad behavior, put him all over newspapers and milk cartons, and now we should go out and get him.
- Someone is sure to nail you against the wall and call you the poster boy for Bloggers Gone Bad if you do.
- Were there an Over-Clickers Anonymous, I could be their poster child.
1930s: from the use of appealing children in charitable print advertisements.
More definitions of poster childDefinition of poster child in:
- The British & World English dictionary