Definition of postglacial in English:
1Of or relating to the period since the last continental glaciation (the Wisconsin in North America), beginning with the sudden rise in temperature about 10,000 years ago. Compare with late-glacial.
- The widespread abundance of peatlands makes them valuable archives of past events for many periods in pre- and postglacial time and at differential spatial scales for most of Canada.
- Overburden soils include glacial and postglacial deposits and recent fill.
- He recognized that all of the beaches had been tilted by postglacial uplift (now attributed to isostatic rebound).
1.1 (as noun the postglacial) The postglacial period.
- At a very generalized level, paleoenvironmental records for the Prairies concur in showing a broad three-part division of the postglacial.
- Each of these trends has also been present for most if not all of the current postglacial.
Definition of postglacial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.