Definition of postindustrial in English:
Of or relating to an economy that no longer relies on heavy industry: a postindustrial society
More example sentences
- Part of the answer lies in the nature of economic growth in the post-industrial era, where less labour than one would like to have, is involved in new wealth creating technologies.
- The prototypical post-industrial forms of organization are networks, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and virtual organizations.
- The story is the same for other post-industrial economies.
- Example sentences
- With the spreading effects of globalization no nation will be spared, and the first signs of post-industrialism can already be observed even in small developing countries such as our own.
- This is thought to be ‘more compatible with the new social order, whether it is called advanced capitalism, late or high modernity, post-industrialism, or post-modernism’.
- Scholars who write about ‘professionalism,’ or ‘post-industrialism,’ often use these notions more as metaphors than as hypotheses that can be assessed, accepted or rejected.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.