adjectiveTheology or • literary
- Occurring or existing after the Fall of Man.More example sentences
- That means an inferior and subordinate role, which has been ratified in the postlapsarian situation, particularly under the weight of the curse.
- They examine the creation of humanity: on the level of the prelapsarian situation, and on the level of postlapsarian conditions.
- Consequently, God provided his creature, the human being, with the capacities to survive in a postlapsarian situation, under the conditions of pain and tears, of hardship and death.
mid 18th century: from post- 'occurring after', on the pattern of sublapsarian.
More definitions of postlapsarianDefinition of postlapsarian in:
- The British & World English dictionary