Definition of postmillennialism in English:
(Among some Christian Protestants) the doctrine that the Second Coming of Christ will be the culmination of the prophesied millennium of blessedness. Compare with premillennialism.
- Belief in a future millennium either preceding or following (postmillennialism) the second coming of Christ, when he will reign on earth in a kingdom of his saints.
- There is a millennium, after which Christ will come again (postmillennialism).
- The four most popular views are dispensational premillennialism, historical premillennialism, amillennialism, and postmillennialism.
- Example sentences
- In the Antebellum Era, most Evangelical Protestants were optimistic postmillennialists.
- Pietistic postmillennialists deny that the postmillennial advance of the kingdom involves the total transformation of culture through the application of biblical law.
- Schaeffer and other premillennialists picked up themes of dominionism from the postmillennialist Rushdoony, and adapted them to premillennial theology.
Definition of postmillennialism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan