- (Among some Christian Protestants) the doctrine that the Second Coming of Christ will be the culmination of the prophesied millennium of blessedness. Compare with premillennialism.More example sentences
- Belief in a future millennium either preceding or following (postmillennialism) the second coming of Christ, when he will reign on earth in a kingdom of his saints.
- There is a millennium, after which Christ will come again (postmillennialism).
- The four most popular views are dispensational premillennialism, historical premillennialism, amillennialism, and postmillennialism.
- More example sentences
- In the Antebellum Era, most Evangelical Protestants were optimistic postmillennialists.
- Pietistic postmillennialists deny that the postmillennial advance of the kingdom involves the total transformation of culture through the application of biblical law.
- Schaeffer and other premillennialists picked up themes of dominionism from the postmillennialist Rushdoony, and adapted them to premillennial theology.
More definitions of postmillennialismDefinition of postmillennialism in:
- The British & World English dictionary