- A woman in charge of a post office.More example sentences
- Many sub postmasters and postmistresses have pulled out because the recent changes to the payment of welfare benefits have hacked away at their profit margins.
- In response to the spate of armed robberies, the Post Office told postmasters and postmistresses warning them to be extra vigilant.
- The female postmistress at the post-office is still recovering from the shock of the incident which occurred around 8.20 am on Thursday.
More definitions of postmistressDefinition of postmistress in:
- The British & World English dictionary