Definition of postprandial in English:
adjectiveformal or humorous
1During or relating to the period after dinner or lunch: we were jolted from our postprandial torpor
More example sentences
- This, whispers Her Ladyship, is where Her Majesty the Queen brings her most distinguished dinner guests for their postprandial entertainment.
- These data suggest that gene-diet interactions are important for handling of lipoproteins in the postprandial period.
- I'm sure I am not alone in finding that extra-thick part at the base of a chocolate egg far too much for a child's delicate palate, and just right for a postprandial petit-four.
1.1 Medicine Occurring after a meal.
- After meals, when postprandial blood glucose levels are high, liver glucokinase is significantly active, which causes the liver preferentially to trap and to store circulating glucose.
- Regular insulin must be injected 30 to 60 minutes before the meal to match postprandial glucose influx.
- Psyllium incorporated into foods, such as pasta, and isolated psyllium when added to a test meal has been shown to reduce postprandial glucose and insulin concentrations.
Definition of postprandial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.