- The most poignant part of the letter was the handwritten postscript.
- But what intrigued me most of all was a postscript was appended to the Hardy letter: ‘Remember me to Coffin and the admiral.’
- The letter was followed by a postscript that reiterated: ‘We are convinced and satisfied with the explanation of the Editorial Board.’
- However, there was a chilling postscript to the event which shows just how close they were to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- The postscript to this anecdote is that I sat at the very same table on another occasion, around the same time, with my brother and a friend of my brother's (whose name I can't remember).
- The violence continued sporadically for months; and months after it had died down, anonymous avengers riposted with a cycle of bomb blasts, a horrific postscript to the slaughter.
mid 16th century: from Latin postscriptum, neuter past participle (used as a noun) of postscribere 'write under, add', from post 'after, later' + scribere 'write'.
The source of this word is Latin postscriptum from postscribere ‘write under or in front of, add’ (source of proscribe (Late Middle English) via the sense of ‘writing publicly’). The base elements are Latin post ‘after, later’ and scribere ‘write’. The sense ‘sequel’ dates from the late 19th century.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
nounComputing , trademark
- PostScript documents are programs executed by a PostScript interpreter and sent to print servers that only accept passive input text.
- If the file is a PostScript file, we run ghostscript to format it for our particular type of non-Postscript Printer.
- Whenever a PostScript image is received with any packets missing, it will be incomplete in the recording, and will not appear during playback.
Definition of postscript in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.