Definition of postseason in English:
adjectivechiefly North American
(Of a sporting event) taking place after the end of the regular season.
- So maybe a coach with a proven track record is the key to postseason success.
- New Orleans failed to make the playoffs despite some great seasons by Archie, but his son seems primed for eventual postseason success.
- Both have succeeded under pressure, even producing impressive postseason performances against the Yankees.
nounBack to top
The period following the regular season.
- The number of defensive touchdowns Tampa Bay scored in the regular season and the postseason combined.
- You've also talked about the difference in setting up a team for the regular season vs. the postseason.
- But the Yankees again are better constructed to win the regular season than the postseason.
Definition of postseason in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.