Definition of postseason in English:
adjectivechiefly North American
(Of a sporting event) taking place after the end of the regular season.
- So maybe a coach with a proven track record is the key to postseason success.
- New Orleans failed to make the playoffs despite some great seasons by Archie, but his son seems primed for eventual postseason success.
- Both have succeeded under pressure, even producing impressive postseason performances against the Yankees.
nounBack to top
The period following the regular season.
- The number of defensive touchdowns Tampa Bay scored in the regular season and the postseason combined.
- You've also talked about the difference in setting up a team for the regular season vs. the postseason.
- But the Yankees again are better constructed to win the regular season than the postseason.
Definition of postseason in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan