- A piece of meat cooked slowly in a covered dish.More example sentences
- The range of recipes for cooking it includes a pot roast, barbecued beaver, baked, fried, stewed, fricasséed, or in a meat loaf or pie.
- That's nothing compared to the time she burned down the kitchen trying to cook a pot roast.
- I think I had a pot roast cooking on low this morning.
verb(pot-roast) [with object] Back to top
- Cook (a piece of meat) slowly in a covered dish.More example sentences
- The second portion talks about cooking techniques - pot-roasting, grilling, souffles and soup.
- I decided not to have it on the basis that pot-roasted meat always looks grey and unappetising and reminds me of my paternal grandmother's cooking.
- I have been looking for ways of using more of this milder, more subtle, aromatic flavour, so here is a recipe for a Provençale dish of whole chicken pot-roasted with 40 cloves of garlic.
More definitions of pot roastDefinition of pot roast in:
- The British & World English dictionary