Definition of pot roast in English:
A piece of meat cooked slowly in a covered dish.
- The range of recipes for cooking it includes a pot roast, barbecued beaver, baked, fried, stewed, fricasséed, or in a meat loaf or pie.
- That's nothing compared to the time she burned down the kitchen trying to cook a pot roast.
- I think I had a pot roast cooking on low this morning.
verb(pot-roast) [with object] Back to top
Cook (a piece of meat) slowly in a covered dish.
- The second portion talks about cooking techniques - pot-roasting, grilling, souffles and soup.
- I decided not to have it on the basis that pot-roasted meat always looks grey and unappetising and reminds me of my paternal grandmother's cooking.
- I have been looking for ways of using more of this milder, more subtle, aromatic flavour, so here is a recipe for a Provençale dish of whole chicken pot-roasted with 40 cloves of garlic.
Definition of pot roast in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan