(also pot belly)
Definition of potbelly in English:
A large, protruding, rotund stomach.
- Within a month, you are guaranteed a paunch, a pot belly, and the inability to walk up stairs.
- So yeah, I had to work out but, you know, it's such a ridiculous character, the guy's so silly that I don't think it would have mattered if he'd got a pot belly.
- I'm comfortable being a short, stocky person if it's one that's muscly - what I'm not comfortable with is my current pot belly, extra-padded hips, and padded thighs.
- Example sentences
- Groups of pot-bellied old men in seldom worn suits stood in clusters, leaning in to catch a word, laughing, lining up for photos taken by children and grandchildren.
- Afterwards - when he'd pocketed an estimated $250m thanks to his pot-bellied botanist pal - he became a major Hollywood force.
- Tinker, a career criminal, has spent much of his life in prison; he's pot-bellied, balding with straggly brown hair, and has a thick handlebar moustache.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia