- A book, painting, or recording produced merely to make the writer or artist a living by catering to popular taste.More example sentences
- They may as well have called it deep six, because the film plummeted into a predictable pastiche of previous potboilers.
- As art, it was essentially a potboiler, refusing any commerce with physical or psychological detail.
- A make-belief potboiler, the film has grossed over a crore in a week.
More definitions of potboilerDefinition of potboiler in:
- The British & World English dictionary