- The increase in strength of nerve impulses along pathways that have been used previously, either short-term or long-term.More example sentences
- This increased strength, termed long-term potentiation, can be, despite its name, relatively short-lived.
- Researchers believe these synaptic changes, called long-term potentiation or LTP, are the basis for learning in the brain.
- We hypothesized that in these patients theophylline, a drug that stabilizes breathing, may affect short-term potentiation.
More definitions of potentiationDefinition of potentiation in:
- The British & World English dictionary