Definition of potentilla in English:
A plant of a genus that includes the cinquefoils, especially (in gardening) a small shrub with bright yellow, red, orange, or pink flowers.
- Genus Potentilla, family Rosaceae: many species
- Rugged shrubs like barberry and potentilla give the garden permanent structure, while the rocks help protect the plants from searing winds and keep the soil from drying out.
- The fragrance garden features plants whose scents come from their flowers or leaves, while the medicinal garden includes healing types such as purple coneflower, potentilla, and willow.
- There is also a big selection of azaleas and rhododendrons as well as other shrubs such as potentilla.
Definition of potentilla in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan