The measurement of electrical potential as a technique in chemical analysis.
- In electrochemical analysis by such methods as anodic stripping voltammetry, cyclic voltammetry, differential pulse polarography, and potentiometry, the anode always functions as the site of oxidation.
- Fluoride was measured with direct potentiometry, using a FI ion-selective electrode.
- Both machines use the same technology to measure pH, using an electrode to detect hydrogen ions by direct potentiometry.
- Example sentences
- With the potentiometric method, no CA activity could be measured, whereas with the isotopic disequilibrium technique, significant CA activity could be detected.
- Optical techniques using potentiometric probes have been successfully used to monitor electrical phenomena in cells and tissue where microelectrode access is not possible.
- An additional concern with potentiometric indicators is converting their fluorescence or absorbance recordings into meaningful measurements of potential.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of potentiometry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.