- A broken piece of ceramic material, especially one found on an archaeological site.More example sentences
- Among numerous pottery vessels and potsherds, 113 pieces bore 30 incised signs or symbols.
- Prehistoric pottery was abundant in the test pits, with 1,360 potsherds, including 34 rim sherds and 50 decorated body sherds, recovered.
- They are not only not interested in it, but are more interested in broken potsherds.
More definitions of potsherdDefinition of potsherd in:
- The British & World English dictionary