- British term for putter3.More example sentences
- Guiseppe has told me that he caught you poking sadly about at what remains of the old vegetable garden, so if you wish you may potter about in it to your heart's content.
- I'll need to do a full-scale shop on Monday but, for the weekend, I'm happy to stay home, pottering from one pleasant task to another.
- Days were filled with quietude, evenings spent pottering around in the garden and topped off with a stroll to the neighbour's for dinner and some piano playing.
late 19th century: alteration.
- A person who makes pottery.More example sentences
- Following Meissen and Sèvres products, British potters began to use china clay or kaolin, when in 1768 William Cookworthy, a Plymouth chemist, proved the potential of the kaolin reserves of Cornwall.
- It has been my experience, in the art-show world, at least, that the word ‘clay,’ when used to describe this polymer material, has offended and angered many potters and ceramicists.
- In rural areas Hindus perform much of the traditional craft production of items for everyday life; caste groups include weavers, potters, iron and gold smiths, and carpenters.