(also potto gibbon)
noun (plural pottos)
- A small, slow-moving, nocturnal primate with a short tail, living in dense vegetation in the tropical forests of Africa.
More example sentences
- Perodicticus potto, family Lorisidae, suborder Prosimii
- He nominates the potto - a loris from western and central Africa - as an example.
- The other small primates like bush babies are pottos.
- Furthermore, Pottos have areas for blood storage in their hands and feet.
early 18th century: perhaps from Guinea dialect.
More definitions of pottoDefinition of potto in:
- The British & World English dictionary