(also potto gibbon)
Definition of potto in English:
noun (plural pottos)
A small, slow-moving, nocturnal primate with a short tail, living in dense vegetation in the tropical forests of Africa.
- Perodicticus potto, family Lorisidae, suborder Prosimii
- He nominates the potto - a loris from western and central Africa - as an example.
- The other small primates like bush babies are pottos.
- Furthermore, Pottos have areas for blood storage in their hands and feet.
Early 18th century: perhaps from Guinea dialect.
Definition of potto in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan