- A cushioned footstool or low seat with no back.More example sentences
- One wonders what bad experiences the sensitive prince has had with unsympathetic sofas or aggressive pouffes.
- An aperture in the back wall is incised in the form of an unmoulded stilted arch; there is one low table round which diners slump on leather pouffes; the other tables are covered in cloths of thick striped material.
- Startled, they all plopped themselves into chairs or pouffes.
late 19th century: from French pouf, of imitative origin.
More definitions of pouffeDefinition of pouffe in:
- The British & World English dictionary