noun (plural same or pouis)
- A Caribbean and tropical American tree with trumpet-shaped flowers, grown as an ornamental and valued for its timber.
More example sentences
- Genus Tabebuia, family Bignoniaceae
- Depending on the month of your excursion the yellow poui, the red flamboyant, or the lavender jacaranda trees will be in bloom.
- The flowering poui trees that occupy the open spaces and parks were laid down by residents and many self-help projects were funded by having Carnival fêtes and other initiatives.
- Oh, I forgot to mention here that the annual blooming of our yellow poui trees started a few weeks back.
mid 19th century: a local word in Trinidad.
More definitions of pouiDefinition of poui in:
- The British & World English dictionary