- A rich cake containing a pound, or equal weights, of each chief ingredient, typically flour, butter, and sugar.More example sentences
- After he gets some fresh fruit, vegetables, a cheesecake, a pound cake, some ice cream, macaroni & cheese, and a few other things he decides that we can finally leave.
- But before I relinquish my halter tops, flip flops, and the oscillating fan, you can be sure I'll stash a bit of summer in the freezer, in the form of a raspberry-blueberry pound cake.
- If you're making your own pound cake, brownies or angel food cake for the chocolate fondue, get baking.
More definitions of pound cakeDefinition of pound cake in:
- The British & World English dictionary