- A banknote worth one British pound sterling, now replaced by the pound coin in England and Wales.More example sentences
- The one pound coin was issued to replace the one pound note which had suffered badly from the constant handling which small denominations received.
- Our abundant coinage makes it easy to dispense with the pound note.
- She pulled out a crumpled pound note and handed it to Joey.
More definitions of pound noteDefinition of pound note in:
- The British & World English dictionary