- A dish of French fries topped with cheese curds and gravy.More example sentences
- And, of course, the famous dish around here, poutine is being eaten here.
- My friend and I began our recent dinner with an order of poutine.
- Along with fries and pizza, poutine is a very common dish sold and eaten in high school cafeterias in various parts of Canada.
1980s: Canadian French, either from French pouding 'pudding' or directly from pudding.
More definitions of poutineDefinition of poutine in:
- The British & World English dictionary