- The estimated minimum level of income needed to secure the necessities of life.More example sentences
- The many elderly who rely on low state pensions, but who resist means testing, suffer incomes below the poverty line.
- We are supportive of the concept of the reduction of taxation if the family income is under the poverty line.
- Around 40 percent of the country's population live on incomes below the official poverty line.
More definitions of poverty lineDefinition of poverty line in:
- The British & World English dictionary