- 1A boy employed on a sailing warship to carry powder to the guns.More example sentences
- But Gaston, despite this, had never known true hunger, because from the day he learnt to walk, had been employed upon a ship as a powder monkey, and his father as an able seaman.
- Britain is at war with France, and being a powder monkey is one of the most dangerous jobs - Sam's predecessor was blown to smithereens.
- But several captains wrote to support the women, whom they said had been seamstresses, medical assistants and even powder monkeys.
More definitions of powder monkeyDefinition of powder monkey in:
- The British & World English dictionary