Definition of powder room in English:
1A women’s bathroom in a public building.
- If the strain of the working day is becoming all too much, simply sneak off to the powder room and sit down on the loo seat.
- A precious opium-eating den, with a boudoir for hire and an elegant powder room, this hangout is lavish and otherworldly.
- I was flustered—having just come off an airplane—and I went to the powder room.
1.1North American (In a private home) a bathroom, especially one which does not have a bathtub or shower and is intended for use by guests: functionally, a powder room needs only a toilet, a sink, and minimal storage for hand towels
More example sentences
- We redid the downstairs powder room and aside from the fact that it's still missing a corner shelf and a window treatment I think it's pretty much done.
- This optical illusion is perfected in the upstairs powder room.
- The man with the port bottle, and his wife playing hostess in the powder room, had departed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.