1An infinite series of the form Σanxn (where n is a positive integer).
- Not surprisingly, he also discovered the infinite power series for the cosine and the tangent.
- This is called a power series for sin because it is a series in terms of powers of x.
- Already at this stage he began to undertake research, investigating the problem of finding an estimate for the determinant generated by coefficients of a power series.
1.1A generalization of a power series for more than one variable.
- It also contains continued fractions, quadratic equations, sums of power series and a table of sines.
- He worked on power series and on potential theory.
- Some of his most well-known contributions are a theorem connected to the Phragmén-Lindelöf principle, a theorem about the zeros of the V-function and several theorems about power series with integer coefficients.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: pow·er se·ries
Definition of power series in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.