- (Especially of steering or brakes in a motor vehicle) using an inanimate source of power to assist manual operation.More example sentences
- The 2.0-litre features electro-hydraulic power-assisted steering while the 1.6 has simple hydraulic power-assist.
- Once on the move, the first thing that impresses is how responsive the power-assisted steering is, feeling quicker than its three turns lock to lock would suggest and conferring a decent level of communication from the front wheels.
- The hybrid truck is equipped with electric power-assisted steering as a traditional belt-driven hydraulic system wouldn't work while the engine was shut down at idle.
More definitions of power-assistedDefinition of power-assisted in:
- The British & World English dictionary