- A person or organization that exerts authority or influence without having formal status.More example sentences
- That of course gets the political tongues wagging in terms of this issue of how people rate his power and influence, and whether he is the power behind the throne.
- Successive coaches were perceived as the being the powers behind the throne, but the club grew stronger after each departed.
- But there was always a suspicion that he remained the power behind the throne - and, on Friday, he admitted he was still the security adviser.
More definitions of power behind the throneDefinition of power behind the throne in:
- The British & World English dictionary