- A cable carrying electrical power, especially one supported by pylons or poles.More example sentences
- A tent pole touched an overhead power line and they were electrocuted.
- If it is dark, you may not be able to see the fallen power line that has electrified the puddle of water or the cracked tree limb about to crash down onto the sidewalk.
- Voltage leakage detection requires a detector with a large-enough frame to straddle the electrical power line.
More definitions of power lineDefinition of power line in:
- The British & World English dictionary