Definition of power plant in English:
1An installation where electrical power is generated for distribution.
- It might be a pasteurisation system or hydro plant or a nuclear power plant or refinery or something.
- In this article, we will examine how a nuclear reactor and a power plant work.
- But the path of electricity from a power plant to your wall socket is a rather, well, circuitous one.
1.1An engine or other apparatus that provides power for a machine, building, etc.
- Designers have selected the engine as the power plant for the first two vehicles.
- Interior noise levels are low - a trend among modern vehicles - and the diesel power plant is all but inaudible.
- He found what it was that brought the bird down and powered up the fusion power plant again to get the lift circuits back online.
Definition of power plant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.