- 1Tactics exhibiting or intended to increase a person’s power or influence: the sexual power play of their relationship the petty power plays of showbizMore example sentences
- For all the intricacies of the spat, it smacks of political one-upmanship, petty power play and a healthy dose of ego juice.
- But ordinary people rejected his power play, reclaiming their nation's path through the ballot box.
- The 70s power play between political parties and the State institutions again defined the debate and ‘ideology’ related decisions.
- 2.1 Ice Hockey A situation in which a team has a numerical advantage over its opponents while one or more players is serving a penalty.More example sentences
- He is killing penalties, working the power play, and playing against the other team's top players.
- The power play was terrible, but penalty killing was more than respectable (ninth overall).
- He is playing in key situations, both on the power play and on the penalty kill.
More definitions of power playDefinition of power play in:
- The British & World English dictionary