noun[treated as singular or plural]
- Political action by a person or group that makes use of or is intended to increase their power or influence.More example sentences
- As long as sovereign states are the dominant form of political organization, power politics will continue and states will have to look after their security and prepare for war.
- It is human nature that explains why international politics is necessarily power politics.
- The post - Cold War era - characterized by the lessening of major power politics - is ending.
More definitions of power politicsDefinition of power politics in:
- The British & World English dictionary