- The stage of the cycle of an internal combustion engine in which the piston is driven outward by the expansion of gases.More example sentences
- Deactivation requires only 40 or so milliseconds and is timed to occur immediately after the power stroke so the disabled cylinder remains filled with exhaust gas.
- The result is that a portion of the following power stroke is wasted, trying to burn already deoxygenated exhaust.
- We really only want the top ring to seal against the cylinder wall primarily on the power stroke; on the other three strokes, it's just along for the ride.
More definitions of power strokeDefinition of power stroke in:
- The British & World English dictionary