Definition of power-up in English:
1The action of switching on an electrical device, especially a computer.
- This self-calibration under power-up conditions keeps the performance optimised over the life of the sensor.
- The controlled power up helps prevent supply glitches during power-up and also prevents excessive dissipation.
- In the past, the operating system only had to search for the various devices connected to it on power-up, and once seen, the device would never go away.
1.1(In a computer game) a bonus that a player can collect and that gives their character an advantage, such as more strength or firepower.
- To this end, the game features special bonuses and power-ups for advanced players to explore.
- To help keep these assaults from getting out of hand there are a couple of very handy dandy power-ups that players can collect in their travels through the levels.
- There will be plenty of bonuses and power-ups to collect on the way.
Definition of power-up in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.