Definition of powerless in English:
adjective[often with infinitive]
Without ability, influence, or power: troops were powerless to stop last night’s shooting
More example sentences
- These could be extremely damaging to local economies, which felt powerless to influence them.
- I had my every move recorded and felt powerless to stop the intimidation.
- They probably want to force their own ideas on a general public that is deemed powerless to stop them.
- Example sentences
- It's a tragedy for the families involved, and my heart goes out to them as they come to terms with what they saw as they waited for their loved ones at the landing site and watched powerlessly as the events unfolded.
- When paramedics finally took the woman away, he fretted powerlessly.
- Do we have to watch powerlessly as this vandalism takes place?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.