- (Of designer clothes) sold ready-to-wear as opposed to made to measure.More example sentences
- However, unlike haute couture, prêt-à-porter clothing isn't one of a kind.
- Inaccessible to many so far, designer wear makes an entry into the mainstream with wearable and affordable prêt-à-porter garments.
- The Italian prêt-à-porter collections unite aspects of the spectacular and the pragmatic demonstrated in more extreme terms on the runways of London, Paris, New York.
nounBack to top
- Designer clothes sold ready-to-wear.More example sentences
- Barbie and prêt-à-porter arrived on the scene simultaneously.
- Already a collaborator with the Genny group, the Gilmar group, Maska and Mariella Burani, Alessandro has been producing his own women's prêt-à-porter (produced by Belle Maille di Carpi) for several years now.
- A change of guards in Italian Fashion Maisons: Nicola Trussardi has called twenty-six-year-old Parisian Nicolas Ghesquiere to design women's prêt-à-porter and the collection for the USA.
French, literally 'ready to wear'.
More definitions of prêt-à-porterDefinition of prêt-à-porter in:
- The British & World English dictionary